HP DesignJet Z9+ 24-in PostScript Printer
Deliver photo-quality prints 2.5 times faster4 without losing quality. Cut post-processing time up to 20% with the first printer to include an integrated vertical trimmer. Simplify your workflow with new tools in the HP Applications Center.
This printer is intended to work only with cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip, and it uses dynamic security measures to block cartridges using a non-HP chip. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that previously worked. A reused HP chip enables the use of reused, remanufactured, and refilled cartridges.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
|Model size||24 in|
|Print speed||Fast: 600 ft²/hr on plain media; Normal: 144 ft²/hr on coated media; Best: 38 ft²/hr on glossy media|
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Printer drivers included||Raster and PostScript drivers for Windows and macOS; PDF driver for Windows 8 and above|
|Print quality color (best)||Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi|
|Print languages||Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL|
|Number of print cartridges||9 (cyan, magenta, yellow, matte black, photo black, chromatic red, chromatic green, chromatic blue, gray), optional gloss enhancer|
|Color accuracy||Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000|
|Color Stability||< 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes|
|Print repeatability||Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000|
|Maximum optical density (black)||4 L* min/2.5 D|
|Connectivity, standard||Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified interface for direct printing from USB flash drive|
|Memory||128 GB (virtual)|
|Internal Storage||500 GB self-encrypting|
|Finished output handling||Roll feed, rear sheet feed, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter|
|Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls)||8.3 to 24-in wide sheets; 11 to 24-in rolls|
|Media sizes, custom||8.3 x 11 to 24 x 66 in|
|Media types||Photographic, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, backlit|
|Roll external diameter||5.3 in|
|Media thickness||Up to 31.5 mil|
|Power||Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 2 A max|
|Power consumption||<100 W (printing); <32 W (ready); <6.5 W (sleep); 0.1 W (off)|
|Energy star certified||Yes|
|Operating temperature range||41 to 104ºF|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||50.9 x 27.4 x 39.3 in|
|UPC number||(ABA) 194441079937; (B1K) 192018667662|
|Package dimensions (W x D x H)||56.7 x 30.2 x 28.3 in|
|Package weight||225 lb|
|What’s in the box||HP DesignJet Z9+ PostScript Printer, printheads, introductory ink cartridges, printer stand and media bin, spindle, quick reference guide, setup poster, power cord|
|Software included||HP Click printing software, HP PrintOS, HP Web Jetadmin, HP DesignJet Utility including HP Color Center, HP Partner Link, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager (optional), HP SmartStream (optional), HP SmartTracker (optional)|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year limited hardware warranty|
1. Embedded in the HP DesignJet Z9+ Printer series is an i1 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. Close collaboration between HP and X-Rite ensures a reliable solution that’s been thoroughly tested to meet customer demands for ease, quality, and dependability.
3. Vertical trimmer and dual rolls included with the HP DesignJet Z9+dr 44-in PostScript® Printer with V-Trimmer only. Up to 20% reduction in post-processing labor time based on internal HP testing compared to HP DesignJet Z9+dr series printers without built-in vertical trimmer.
4. Based on internal HP testing. Up to 2.5 times faster printing compared to the HP DesignJet Z3200 Photo Printer series. May vary depending on print mode and media type.
5. Requires an HP Applications Center account, Internet connection, and connected Internet-capable device.
6. For a list of HP certified RIPs,